Stage Of Life
Friday, August 18, 2006
Chao Praya




Words cannot describe how beautiful these temples are. I have't seen any nice temples like the ones above in any of the countries I've been to. Some of these temples had stood there for decades or maybe more. These are really nice achitecture work! Unfortuately we only visited the one in the centre.
One of the tourist guide told us if we are down on our luck recently, we should walk round the temple in closewise direction to ward off all the bad lucks. I thought why not so I went around all the buddha statutes seated around the temple, at the same time admiring the beauty of the temple and the structure. Somehow you can feel a sense of peace and tranquility inside you as you walked around them. I prayed for good health for my love ones and world peace *hee like Ms Universe right*
Back track a little, before we visit the above temple, we had a short River cruise. The river is call Chao Praya which mean King River. The boat is long and skinny like a Banana but you'll be suprise it can hold quite a lot of people. The water is v v murky and think visibility is 0. *ha*. Its like the whole river is filled with MILO. We passed by quite a number of nice temples which I took some pics (above). We also caught a glimpse of the Grand Palace as the "banana boat" speed pass by. We then came to a stop in front this temple to feed fishes. These fishes are called Catfish with 2 little wiskers at the side of the mouth. And we were told that no one will dare to fish them. In fact Buddisiam being Thai's main religion, believe to free some of these captured pets like tortoise, birds, fishes etc can help to bring better fortune for them. Trying to fish out White Catfishes among these silver one is like climbing Mount Everest. No matter where I looked, I can never find any white ones. If any of us can spot any white one, then one will have a good windfall. *I wish*.
Last 2 stop is to visit Leather and GEMS factory which we are totally not interested at all. We just treat these stops as our rest place. *not too bad got free drinks & air condition cafe*.
The half day tour ended at 12:30 which had free transport that sends us to Platinum Centre. Platinum is a wholesale place selling clothes, accessories and bags. Their minimum purchase to entitle for wholesale price is 3. But of cos some nice boss still charge us at a cheaper price if we choose to buy 1. Some of the services in these stores sucks too. Sorry to say that. There was this shop I went to, the boss immediately came right up to me and rudely asked me how many I intend to buy when I tried on one of the top *DARN, I didn't know I cannot try on the clothes*. I was like her mad and told her I am not sure, still deciding. She replied saying I cannot try so I just took out the top and told her ok I don't buy then!. What a service! *I know I am rude but I really can't stand bad customer service*. Anyway we decided to go back hotel to rest after a long day and await for our Thai massage at 7:00pm.
Thai massage was excellent! The massuer who massage me is quite small size but I am surprise she's so strong. She's able to lift me up and then turn my hip to my right and I can hear this "Krak" sound. After that she placed a hot round hard thing and rubbed my back. Believe its some herb things. *shiok man*. The night was still young so we headed to Songnum Night market. We had dinner there and walked around the flea market and headed back to hotel around 1am. My legs super super sore man!! Someone pls wheel me back pls!!
posted by VOnO at 4:34 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home