Stage Of Life
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Wkend Market


The long awaited shopping spree at the wkend market "chatuchak" finally arrived. This place is really huge. My friends had been telling me about this place, telling me how cheap the things here are, telling me there's many many shops selling similar things and a MUST thing to do is bargain, barGain and BARGAIN. After walking a few shops, I didn't really find anything interesting. Most of the clothings here are quite old and wrinked which made it looked like 2nd hand.
"Chatuchak" not only sell clothing and accessories, its sells houshold items too. Furniture, glassware, bowls, pots..anything. Even pets too. The puppies are soo soo cute esp the Golden Retriever. I can't help but took video and photos for them. I wish I can bring them back too but yes FAT HOPE.
I bought 5 T-shirts, 2 accessories, 1 slipper and a lot of snacks!! Can u imagine I spent like 2000 baht on snacks alone!! Most are for colleagues, friends and family. The weather is getting hotter and hotter, I can feel my skin buring and my forehead and nose are covered with perspiration. I can't stand it anymore so without even finishing shopping half of the market, I decided to call it a day. Luckily my parents and Ben are supportive of my idea. *hee*. Think they been wanting me to say that.
After resting in the hotel, we took a train to Siam Square. Heard there's a Coca Suki there. We ordered Tom Yum steamboat and also some small dishes. The crab vemicelli was yummy. Also I tried the Duck's Tongue. Hmm not bad too! I think this is the most expensive dinner we had, well but no complain right since we had such a fabulous and delicious meal!! Anyway it would have cost like 50% more if we eat those in Singapore.
We walked around the mall then went to Siam Paragon. Alas, how can I forget! Boon Cheng, my colleague told me there's a enormous food court at the basement of Siam Paragon. Its such a pity I have to give that a miss. I would love to had my dinner here rather than Coca. The food court is so big that I think even if we combine Singapore Wisma and Scotts food court, they are still like just 1/4 of Siam Paragon only. There's a also a underwater world but I think I can forget about that too since I think its more or less like our Underwater World in Sentosa.
The last stop was at Mah Boon Krong (MBK). This is my second time here. Not sure why probably its like our Singapore Far East Shopping Centre. The price of the goods are quite reasonable too. But be careful friends if you are going there. I saw this shop and it says 199 baht. So happily I walk in and saw this nice bag. When paying for it, the sales girl told me its 299 and not 199. I really feel cheated cos since the shops says 199 why aren't all the bags at 199? Anyway I end up walking empty handed out of the shop. I decided to stick to my principle...*ah chey*...
Whatever, I had a great time shopping today. Before we fly back to Singapore tomorrow, I will do my last bit of shopping tomorrow....*Way to go man*
posted by VOnO at 1:16 PM
<< Home