Stage Of Life

Monday, January 29, 2007

GioGio is Gone

My most beloved dog of 10 yrs is gone. She has been hanging on to her dear life for the past 3 days. Till now I cannot accept she's gone. Its just too sudden. Just saw her 2 Sat ago and she was perfectly fine and suddenly on Wed, my sis in law told me there's a pool of maroon colour urine on the newspaper and realised its fm giogio. Brought her Dr James next to Mt Plesant and Dr James claim no stone in her stomach and gave her injection and medication. Next day she urinated a pool of blood again and became more restless. Called Dr James and assitant kept telling us have to wait for 3 days and next day say 1 wk to see results! Luckily we didn't wait that long and brought her for second opinion at Mt Plesant. Blood test detected her red blood cells has dropped significantly and needed blood transfusion. Need to admit her for further test.

Next day, Vet Dr Dennis said she improved slightly but still weak. Visted her on Sat, she seem weak and hardly moved. Her eyes looked very tired and blurry,hardly opening. Nurse said she vomitted 3x since and condition is still not v stable.

Visited her on Sunday and she vomitted again when we first stepped in. She looked slightly better than yesterday but still weak. For sure she noticed us coming and her eyes brighten up. I remembered very vividly when I said good bye to her, she looked up again, which she hardly respond to us these few days. Its as if the last good bye we ever had. Dr Dennis said her red blood cells dropped again and her body is rejecting treatment. They suspect its her immunity system. Said to prepare for the worst. Prob have only 24 hrs to go. I have since cried myself to sleep.

Today as predicted by Dr Dennis, Giogio cannot make it anymore. Called Dad to rush down but before can even reach there Dr Dennis said giogio died. He tried to revive her but still failed. She left us at 11:25am.

When we reached the hospital, we went inside this room, saw giogio's body on the table covered with a white towel. I cried out loud when I saw her. Her body was still soft and warm its as if she's still ALIVE. I cannot believe she's gone like that! Why didn't she wait for us? Or did she but we came too late to bid her good bye? Her eyes was open and her tongue sticked out. But it wasn't a horrible sight. I have to admit she still look so beautiful and that made it worse for me to erased her from my mind. The thought of her body and our last good bye the day before made me cry like turning on a tap.

I doubt not many people can understand why we can cry this hard over a dog. Dog is like any other human with feelings probably more humane than some of us.

GioGio...we will never forget you. May you rest in peace and hope you will visit me in my dreams. And hope one day if I am in heaven, I'll get to keep you as my pet again.
posted by VOnO at 5:10 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home